• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • A Polish passport is a document, which entitles to cross borders and stay abroad. It certifies Polish citizenship as well as the identity of the owner within the scope of the personal data included. The Polish passport can be granted to a person who has confirmed Polish citizenship and whose identity can be proven on the basis of the documents presented.


    Passports are printed in Poland, regardless of the residence of the applicant.


    A 10-year passport is issued within approximately 8 weeks from the date of submission of a complete passport application.


    If circumstances do not allow you to apply for a passport in advance and there is an urgent need to go abroad and have a valid passport, there is a possibility of additional application for a temporary passport issued for a period of waiting for a 10-year passport. This document, valid for 1 year, will fulfil all functions of the 10-year passport. Date of its production and collection is agreed with the consulate’s employee (3 weeks).


    The passport contains a microprocessor (a chip), which encodes biometric data of the passport’s holder (biometric data: a facial image and fingerprints placed in the passport documents in electronic form).


    Consular fees:

    -     10-year passport - £ 88,

    -     10-year passport for students under the edge of 26, pensioners, invalids and veterans (on the basis of documents proving the right to fee allowance) - £ 44,

    -     a temporary passport issued for a period of waiting for a 10-year passport - £ 12,

    -     a new passport issued before the expiry of the current passport, if the passport has been lost or destroyed for reasons attributable to the holder - £ 262.



    Documents required to apply for a 10-year passport:


    Being prepared  for the passport meeting at the consulate will allow you to get the new passports in the above terms. Lack of the necessary attachments to the passport application may require an applicant to reschedule an appointment and extension of passport procedures, it can also expose you to stress, inconvenience and additional costs such as the need to reschedule the planned trip.


    The passport application must be submitted and collected in person by the holder, following the verification of the data contained in the microprocessor.






    1. A filled in passport application form - an application form is available only at the consulate; If you need to apply for a temporary passport and 10-year passport at the same time, 2 applications must be completed. Applications must be completed thoroughly, accurately and legibly, in CAPITAL LETTERS. Specimen signature of the applicant cannot touch or intersect the frame placed on the application.

    NOTE: It is not possible to print a passport form from the consulate’s website or receive it by post.


    2. A one colour (biometric) photograph, measuring 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, taken within the last 6 months, on a plain white background, focus and having a good showing clear eyes and face from both sides from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders, face must occupy 70-80% of the photograph. The photograph is supposed to present a person without a hat and without dark glasses, looking straight ahead with eyes open, hair without any cover, with a natural look on face and mouth closed.


    3. An original document proving Polish citizenship of an applicant - a passport, or if an applicant does not have or has never had a passport, the Polish identity card or a decision of a voivode ascertaining Polish citizenship, a naturalization decision of the President of the Republic of Poland, decision of Ministry of Interior about restitution of Polish citizenship .


    In case a person has lost a passport or an identity card – a person applying for a passport makes a statement about the circumstances of the loss of a passport or an identity card (form is available at the consulate).


    When a person applies for a new passport due to the loss of the valid one, it is necessary to submit a statement concerning the circumstances and the date when the passport has been lost (a confirmation of a theft from the police, a letter which confirms a loss from Royal Mail, Home Office, DVLA, Revenue & Customs, etc.).



    4. A document certifying the identity – British or another foreign passport as well as Polish passport or possibly any other Polish document with a photograph confirming the identity.


    5. An identity number PESEL – it is the number of a person in the General Electronic System of Population Record (Powszechny Elektroniczny System Ewidencji Ludności - PESEL), that contains data of people permanently residing in Poland or people obliged to have this number due to other requirements, is conferred by the Minister of Internal Affairs.

    PESEL number is required when applying for the Polish 10-year passport. Without a PESEL number it is not possible to apply for a passport. To Polish citizens who are born abroad or reside permanently abroad the PESEL number is given through the consulate. People who do not have the PESEL number or are not sure of having the PESEL numer shouls contact passport section


    6. An abbreviated or unabbreviated copy of birth certificate issued by a Polish register office - applies to people who have never had a passport and those who do not have an identity number PESEL.


    7. An abbreviated or unabbreviated copy of the marriage certificate issued by the Polish register office - applies to persons who exchange a passport because of a change of name after marriage and if the applicant got married abroad.


    8. People who changed their names or surname (not as a result of a marriage) should present an administrative decision issued by a Polish Registry Office confirming the change of the names or surname.


    If there are any differences between writing of the names or surname in documents issued by Polish Registry Office and a foreign passport, a person who applies for a Polish passport should present Polish document confirming the change of the names or surname.

    NOTE: People returning to their maiden name after divorce should present a Polish marriage certificate which includes information about returning to the maiden name after divorce.


    9. Written request of the legal representative - if applying for a passport for person without legal capacity. In this case, the legal representative must submit a document providing the title to represent the person.


    10. Proof of payment of consular fee - the fee must be paid at the desk at the consulate in cash, debit or credit card or by a postal order issued to the Consulate of Poland in Manchester. Consulate does not accept payment checks.


    11. Proof of the right to consular fee allowance – a student ID card (maximum age 26), a pensioner’s card, a veterans’ card.




    NOTE:   In order to apply for a Polish passport it is necessary to possess Polish birth/marriage certificates. People who were born or got married abroad can register their foreign birth/marriage certificates in Polish Registry Office through the Legal Section of the Consulate in Manchester.

                    As a result they will obtain copies of the Polish birth/marriage certificates which are necessary to apply for a Polish passport.


    In special cases, if the data contained in the documents submitted by any person or information contained in the records available raise doubts about the identity or the nationality of the person or there are any inconsistencies in the data of the person in the available documents and records, the passport authority may request the submission of:

    -     an abbreviated or unabbreviated copy of the birth certificate issued by a Polish register office,

    -     an abbreviated or unabbreviated copy the marriage certificate issued by a Polish register office,

    -     a document certifying the person has been granted Polish citizenship under the provisions of the Act on Polish citizenship.


    Legal basis: § 5. 1 Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 16 August 2010 on passports (Journal of Laws No. 152, item. 1026).


    NOTE: Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the issuance of passports please do not hesitate to send direct questions to